Thursday, January 29, 2004
Fighting
i hate fighting... it just drains the life out of you..keeps you from sleeping, from eating, from communicating with others in your life the way you normally would. Fighting is inevitable in relationships. Does it really make you stronger? Does it really help you to "grow" together? Too much fighting is not good but not fighting at all makes the relationship unrealistic.
Compromise. In definition, does it mean giving up a part of what you want to make someone else happy? Probably. I think I compromise a lot of what I want.. I feel like I am becoming a part of someone else and not so much my own person. Is the price of being in a relationship, a part of your independence? Or, do you have to learn to be dependent on other people when u are in a relationship?
I need to know that I'm going to be okay on my own. I need to feel that if this doesn't work out, I'm not going to be a wreck like the last time. But in feeling like this, I know I am holding back..I am trying not to be too attached..I am trying not to be too emotional.
When you fight.. does someone always win? I used to always "win" the fight. It never made me feel good even when the other person says "You were right." Nobody really wins in a fight..past all the yelling and screaming, there are bigger problems.
Compromise. In definition, does it mean giving up a part of what you want to make someone else happy? Probably. I think I compromise a lot of what I want.. I feel like I am becoming a part of someone else and not so much my own person. Is the price of being in a relationship, a part of your independence? Or, do you have to learn to be dependent on other people when u are in a relationship?
I need to know that I'm going to be okay on my own. I need to feel that if this doesn't work out, I'm not going to be a wreck like the last time. But in feeling like this, I know I am holding back..I am trying not to be too attached..I am trying not to be too emotional.
When you fight.. does someone always win? I used to always "win" the fight. It never made me feel good even when the other person says "You were right." Nobody really wins in a fight..past all the yelling and screaming, there are bigger problems.