Friday, January 23, 2004
Happy Chinese New Year!
I went back to Toronto for the New Year and it was lovely. We drove back Thursday morning and spent the entire day eating, shopping and eating again before driving back to Waterloo.
There's something about being around family that makes me feel whole. Not to say that I don't enjoy Waterloo, I just feel like SOMETHING is missing. I remember being at home in the summer and thinking, "Gees.. I miss being away from home." It's this whole independence thing - this struggle to be my own person but not wanting to forget all the other factors that make me who I am today. Anyway, I had a great time and I'm glad we got off to a good start for the New Year. :)
There's something about being around family that makes me feel whole. Not to say that I don't enjoy Waterloo, I just feel like SOMETHING is missing. I remember being at home in the summer and thinking, "Gees.. I miss being away from home." It's this whole independence thing - this struggle to be my own person but not wanting to forget all the other factors that make me who I am today. Anyway, I had a great time and I'm glad we got off to a good start for the New Year. :)