<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Old Photographs 

Today I was looking at old photographs of another person's relationship and it occurred to me that in every relationship, no matter how badly the outcome is, has happy times. Looking back, it's always hard to remember why you stayed together... but pictures are evidence of a happier time, evidence that the two of you were good together at some point. It's not to say that you should dwell on the past.. but know that happiness is possible and it's not right to forget and say that the entire relationship was a bad one...
I talked to my xbf yesterday and I asked him if he had the choice of experiencing what we had over again, would he chose not to go through it again? And he said something along the lines of, "If I had the choice of erasing my memories, being with you is one that I would keep. The experience was worth it." I thanked him for saying that.
I guess I've been harboring this guilt with me...that I've made him regret our entire experience together...because at times, it's hard for me to forgive him and he has so openly forgiven me. We both did wrong in the relationship and it's hard to get to a point where you can both admit it.
Looking at the old photos, I realized...we should remember happier moments.

I think, after all this time...I'm ready to forgive him.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com