<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Apples... and Oranges. 

Some guys think they can just win a girl over with fine gifts and favours...heck.. some girls may even fall for it. But it takes a really strong guy to win a good girl over. Some girls like to jump hastily into relationships because they think that's what defines them as "normal" - being at our age, we "should" have boyfriends, right??? WRONG. There is no right or wrong time to get into a relationship. Is it necessary? No... we are young and picky - as girls should be. We should think about whether or not we want to get into relationships - not just because it's convenient or because we need to have SOMEBODY.

My mother has always taught me to be careful who I let into my life. She has always told me that as a girl, I should not be so eager to just be with any guy - I have the luxury of being picky. And I think that's why I contemplate it over and over again - issues with family, with trust, with priorities - it takes me a long time to really trust someone and love someone... and I know that once I give my heart to someone, it'll be for someone who is worth it - someone who is worth the risk - not just any ol' guy I see off the street who seems interested in me. Relationships take a lot of work and effort...on both ends...

"Girls are like apples... most guys often go for the ones near the bottom, or the ones that have already fallen from the tree, because they're easy to get... but the BEST apples are on the top - and the hardest to get... the kind of guy that takes the effort and time to get up to the top to pick the best apple is someone who's worth it." (Another great quote from Estelle. :) Thanks chica! Your words have been inspiring me today!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com