Wednesday, February 18, 2004
Empowerment by Money...
We live in a world that gives those with money more power than those without. Money is the catalyst that drives out most of our decisions in life - what to eat, what to wear, where to live, where to work - it has such a huge impact on us that we don't even realize the power it has over us. Without money, are we less of a human being? Or perhaps, less capable??
I was thinking about what I want to do after I'm done school ... and I want to travel abroad and do missionary work - to teach those who are less fortunate. Right now, this is something that I want to do - however, it requires money. It's sad to think that when I'm done University, I may be forced to either do more schooling (complete my Masters) or get a job. In some ways, I don't think I'll have the option of doing what I want because I have to think about OSAP payments, paying off my visas, finding a place to live and finding a job that help me afford all of the above. It's ridiculous.
I was thinking about what I want to do after I'm done school ... and I want to travel abroad and do missionary work - to teach those who are less fortunate. Right now, this is something that I want to do - however, it requires money. It's sad to think that when I'm done University, I may be forced to either do more schooling (complete my Masters) or get a job. In some ways, I don't think I'll have the option of doing what I want because I have to think about OSAP payments, paying off my visas, finding a place to live and finding a job that help me afford all of the above. It's ridiculous.