<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The Perfect Proposal... 

What is it about the thought of the perfect proposal that is enough to make a girl and all of her friends giddy?? In a discussion with a friend today, we were both talking about the perfect proposal and the seriousness of marriage. It's not something to toy with, girls!

Girls grow up having this idea that the proper way to do things is to date a nice boy, wait until you're old enough and ready, and then wait for him to propose to you. Honestly, I think times have changed. The reason that we have to let the guys propose is because well, what would he tell his friends and family if his gf proposed to him? Is it really all the guy's responsibility?

I saw an episode of Sex in the City where Aiden was going to propose to Carrie but she accidently found the ring in his bag before he was going to ask her. She got all upset because the ring was ugly and pear-shaped. And I believe she said, "How can I marry someone who can't even buy me the right ring?" It's absurd! What is the "right ring!?" What is the "right" way to propose. There are so many rules.

To me, the perfect proposal is something private, sincere, romantic and totally from the heart. It doesn't have to be fancy or include a 2 karat diamond ring..it doesn't have to be in front of 10,000 spectators and involve a million roses. I mean, kudos to all those who think that is their perfect proposal...and kudos to those who don't. It just isn't me...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com