Thursday, February 12, 2004
A Phonecall from the Past
Yesterday marked the two-year anniversary of the death of Va's father. It's been two years but I can still remember... I can still remember how it made me feel. Those feelings of fear, sadness and confusion came tumbling back to me as I was trying to find the right flowers to send to Va and her mom. I remember trying to find the right flowers to send to the funeral home two years ago...flipping through the pages of the floral design book under "sympathy" flowers. I remember breaking down and crying into my brother's arms as he just held me and didn't know what to say. I remember visiting the hospital every week in hopes of a recovery...only to watch someone I love become weaker and weaker..I remember holding Va's hand at the funeral while she comforted me and told me that she was going to be okay...
I found the right flowers..peach..just like he would have liked. Va called me yesterday and as soon as I heard her voice, I almost got teary-eyed. It's been a while since we've talked. I didn't know what to say. I told her I had been thinking about her and her mother - that they are constantly in my thoughts. The silence between us didn't feel awkward..after all this time... we can still say so much by saying so little.
I found the right flowers..peach..just like he would have liked. Va called me yesterday and as soon as I heard her voice, I almost got teary-eyed. It's been a while since we've talked. I didn't know what to say. I told her I had been thinking about her and her mother - that they are constantly in my thoughts. The silence between us didn't feel awkward..after all this time... we can still say so much by saying so little.