Wednesday, March 17, 2004
Cheating
"What do you consider cheating?"
I've been asked this question over and over again by various people and I can't seem to think of a justifiable answer. Of course, if you sleep with someone else that is considered cheating... but what about all the stuff in between?
For women, we are more interested in the emotional connection that guys form with another woman - is he more comfortable around her than he is around a lot of people? That emotional connection is more dangerous than a physical one. Men, however, are the opposite. If a woman is physically attracted to another man, that's opening a door for cheating. It's so different the way that we think so of course, there are some misunderstandings.
My xbf would say to me: "If you sit on another guy's lap or hold his hand, I would consider that cheating." Um... how? I mean, I understanding partially about holding another guy's hand but I admit, while I was in high school, I used to hold the hand of my guy friends all the time! And because people knew that I had a bf and that we were just friends, it was no big deal - and I would hardly consider that cheating.
so the truth of the matter is... there are two forms of cheating - emotional and physical - obviously one more evident and punishable than the other.
If a guy is attached emotionally to another girl aside from his gf...for example, spending time with her, going out with her, doing things that people who are dating do, and talking about her...there is an emotional infidelity there. And although it may not be a physically rewarding relationship, there is something brewing.
The physical infidelity is pretty obvious... if you're doing those physical things with your gf, you shouldn't be doing it with another girl...i.e. kissing, touching, feeling, or having sex, ETC. And that's final.
Cheating is cheating... and although I probably wouldn't break up over emotional infidelity, I believe that when it exists, things will quickly turn physical at any given chance... so it would be heading towards an end anyway.
Why do people cheat? Uh.. because there is something in their relationship that is lacking and they have resorted to "looking elsewhere" for it. It's sad but it's a reality. If you are in a happy relationship, then you aren't looking for something better to satisfy yourself - whether it be emotional or physical.
I've been asked this question over and over again by various people and I can't seem to think of a justifiable answer. Of course, if you sleep with someone else that is considered cheating... but what about all the stuff in between?
For women, we are more interested in the emotional connection that guys form with another woman - is he more comfortable around her than he is around a lot of people? That emotional connection is more dangerous than a physical one. Men, however, are the opposite. If a woman is physically attracted to another man, that's opening a door for cheating. It's so different the way that we think so of course, there are some misunderstandings.
My xbf would say to me: "If you sit on another guy's lap or hold his hand, I would consider that cheating." Um... how? I mean, I understanding partially about holding another guy's hand but I admit, while I was in high school, I used to hold the hand of my guy friends all the time! And because people knew that I had a bf and that we were just friends, it was no big deal - and I would hardly consider that cheating.
so the truth of the matter is... there are two forms of cheating - emotional and physical - obviously one more evident and punishable than the other.
If a guy is attached emotionally to another girl aside from his gf...for example, spending time with her, going out with her, doing things that people who are dating do, and talking about her...there is an emotional infidelity there. And although it may not be a physically rewarding relationship, there is something brewing.
The physical infidelity is pretty obvious... if you're doing those physical things with your gf, you shouldn't be doing it with another girl...i.e. kissing, touching, feeling, or having sex, ETC. And that's final.
Cheating is cheating... and although I probably wouldn't break up over emotional infidelity, I believe that when it exists, things will quickly turn physical at any given chance... so it would be heading towards an end anyway.
Why do people cheat? Uh.. because there is something in their relationship that is lacking and they have resorted to "looking elsewhere" for it. It's sad but it's a reality. If you are in a happy relationship, then you aren't looking for something better to satisfy yourself - whether it be emotional or physical.