Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Comforting words of a Good Friend
I talked to a good friend last night and we spoke for hours on end without even noticing the time. We talked about life, family, friends, bfs, school, good times, bad time... everything! I miss her so much!
You know, some people are just so genuine that you appreciate their honesty - even if it's something you don't want to hear. Friends are supposed to be helpful and honest with each other. Friends are supposed to relate to you without all the feelings of pride, jealousy and anger. It HAS to be a mutual thing.
She told me what had been bothering her and I told her what had been bothering me.. and we comforted each other with good memories and lots of laughs.... I value her friendship very much...Talking to her last night made me realize that it doesn't matter how much physical distance there is between two people... you can still relate on such a deep level. You can still share laughs and personal ideas, thoughts, and values. If you let distance come between you...then the friendship is obviously not as strong as you thought.
I am blessed to have friends I can talk to...hang out with.. go shopping with...debate with...and even after weeks, months and years without talking, I know that we can still pick up the phone, play phone tag, and spend hours talking about everything and nothing...:)
You know, some people are just so genuine that you appreciate their honesty - even if it's something you don't want to hear. Friends are supposed to be helpful and honest with each other. Friends are supposed to relate to you without all the feelings of pride, jealousy and anger. It HAS to be a mutual thing.
She told me what had been bothering her and I told her what had been bothering me.. and we comforted each other with good memories and lots of laughs.... I value her friendship very much...Talking to her last night made me realize that it doesn't matter how much physical distance there is between two people... you can still relate on such a deep level. You can still share laughs and personal ideas, thoughts, and values. If you let distance come between you...then the friendship is obviously not as strong as you thought.
I am blessed to have friends I can talk to...hang out with.. go shopping with...debate with...and even after weeks, months and years without talking, I know that we can still pick up the phone, play phone tag, and spend hours talking about everything and nothing...:)