Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Conversations with God...
It's been a while since I've been to church. People ask me about my religion and I tell them, "I'm a non-practicing Catholic." What that means exactly, i don't know. I used to think that people believe in God because they need something to believe in. Believing in a higher power makes people think that there is something more to this life .... there is a path to take...there are goals...
My faith is something I am not so open about...having been in a relationship where my bf didn't think going to Church was something "normal" people did, I quickly drifted away from something that I once loved and believed in so much. Up to the very day that we broke up, he made me feel like a moron for believing in God. It has never been the same since... it's like turning your back on a friend for a bf... the friendship is never the same when you decide to come back.. and I find it difficult to go back to church.
I would say that I am a spiritual person though....I believe in the values and morals that were taught to me in school and instilled in my home and everyday life. The other day, while driving, I felt an urge to talk to God... it must've have been 2 years (plus!) since I've done that...I said, "Dear God...it's been a while since we've talked...I've missed you." And that was my prayer. I guess nowadays I'm looking for a bit of faith...in myself, in other people, in the world.
We live in such a crazy world...we all need to believe in SOMETHING...anything...
My faith is something I am not so open about...having been in a relationship where my bf didn't think going to Church was something "normal" people did, I quickly drifted away from something that I once loved and believed in so much. Up to the very day that we broke up, he made me feel like a moron for believing in God. It has never been the same since... it's like turning your back on a friend for a bf... the friendship is never the same when you decide to come back.. and I find it difficult to go back to church.
I would say that I am a spiritual person though....I believe in the values and morals that were taught to me in school and instilled in my home and everyday life. The other day, while driving, I felt an urge to talk to God... it must've have been 2 years (plus!) since I've done that...I said, "Dear God...it's been a while since we've talked...I've missed you." And that was my prayer. I guess nowadays I'm looking for a bit of faith...in myself, in other people, in the world.
We live in such a crazy world...we all need to believe in SOMETHING...anything...