Tuesday, March 02, 2004
The Friendship Game..
So I'm sitting in the living room watching a Makeover Story with my roommate this afternoon. There were two people being made over - a guy and a girl - and they were "friends." Best buddies in college, being made over for a rehersal for Hairspray. They were made over, looked extremely different - but when they came out, their reactions to each other were "You look sooooo good - so beautiful.. so hot.." etc. etc. My roommate and I looked at each other and said, "They are so going to date.. they want each other."
Can guys and girls be friends without all the stuff in between?? Here's the deal. I have always been a supporter of this "friendship" deal between a guy and a girl but the more I think about it, it's probably something that isn't going to work.
Most of the time, we surround ourselves with people who have things in common with us - whether it be a culture, a look, a style, or interests - and most of the time, we try to befriend those who we are attracted to. Would you date one of your friends (honestly) if you were single? Now I'm talking about "close" friends.
Do relationships not start out from friendships in general? Can a girl and guy be friends or is it just a facade in hopes of it becoming something more?
Can guys and girls be friends without all the stuff in between?? Here's the deal. I have always been a supporter of this "friendship" deal between a guy and a girl but the more I think about it, it's probably something that isn't going to work.
Most of the time, we surround ourselves with people who have things in common with us - whether it be a culture, a look, a style, or interests - and most of the time, we try to befriend those who we are attracted to. Would you date one of your friends (honestly) if you were single? Now I'm talking about "close" friends.
Do relationships not start out from friendships in general? Can a girl and guy be friends or is it just a facade in hopes of it becoming something more?