<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

On the Radio.. 

So I'm driving to pick up my roommate Laurie at the bus station this morning and this song comes on the radio that just caught my attention. After spending about an hour and a half at work searching for the title of the song, I'm at a loss.. and all I have left are two lines of the chorus that have been humming in my mind ...

Anyone can make a mistake...
But only you can cause my heart to break..


It made me think about some issues that I've been having. I'm upset with a few people.. and I am angry at myself for letting things get to me - even if they're little things. But thinking about this song made me realize that the reason that these things bother me is because it is about people I care about. Only the people that I care about can affect me in such a way. If I didn't care about them.. I would not spend all this time worrying about them and getting upset because they would be considered strangers.

I was watching an episode of Sex and the City this weekend and it just made me sad when Carrie and Miranda were fighting. I mean, of course, two friends are entitled to their own opinions...but Miranda was only looking out for Carrie.. and Carrie got upset because Miranda's opinion matters to her... and in this instance, their opinions clashed...funny thing was.. they fought about Carrie's bf - the Russian. Carrie was too caught up in her "new romance" that she failed to see Miranda's concern.

We only get upset with people that we care about. If a friend badmouthed me, it would make me cry.. if a stranger badmouthed me.. I wouldn't give two shits. I need to try to see that more often...

These lyrics not only pertain to friendships.. but also to relationships. i get really emotional at times and I do cry when I'm hurt. And yes, you can make one mistake that hurts me...everyone makes mistakes..but when you do it, it doesn't just hurt me.. it breaks my heart.. and the only reason that I cry.. is because i love you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com