<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

"Real" Love 

"I want real love... consuming, inconvenient, can't-live-without-you LOVE...and it's not here in this expensive suite, in this lovely hotel room, in Paris." - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

I went home at lunch to watch the final episode of Sex and the City with my roommate. Yes, we cried AGAIN... but it was such a good episode...what a way to go out.

So I'm thinking about this...is that what REAL love is? consuming.. inconvenient...can't live with you? hm...If I say yes, then I'm contradicting all that I have been talking about - about being independent, and strong and comfortable with being alone. If I say no... have I no faith that this kind of love exists? This undying thirst for another human being in your life? Am I cold?

I think the last episode showed us a vulnerable side to these four powerful women who have been on a quest to "have sex like a man" for the past 6 seasons. And I think, for once, it showed a more human side - a side that exists in every woman whether she likes to reveal it or not.

We do cry.. we are emotional and no matter how strong we try to be, there are always moments of weakness. If heroes can have moments of weaknesses, then why can't women!?! Sometimes to give into love is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Being careful, being scared are all parts of the negative emotions that we girls have in order to protect ourselves from the barbarians who are trying to plant their seeds in any pot they can find.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com