<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

To Piano Lovers Alike.. 

On Friday night, I played the piano in front of an audience for the first time. It was a beautiful setting...the white grand piano in the corner.. so sleek and smooth...the waterfall outside...the fireplace lit... a couple sat on the couch in front of it and cuddled...

I kept staring at the piano...feeling anxious to touch it, but afraid of what I might make it sound like. It's been years since I've played in front of people outside of my family and close friends..

So I sat down and fumbled with the keys...and felt the couples' eyes burning through my skin... I looked up and apologized for ruining their moment... They said, "No no.. please keep playing, we are going to dance.." So I played "Right Here Waiting" ....and then "Unchained Melody" as the man sang softly to his wife... My hands were shaking...and my memory leaving me after a few verses...but I kept going..and played a few more songs before I stopped completely for the night...

Oh i miss my piano...i miss the music, I miss the sounds...i miss the feeling of making something beautiful.

It's funny... even after years of not playing... once I sat down at that grand piano...it felt like I belonged right there.. in that moment... and suddenly nobody else was around.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com