<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Wearing Make-Up 

I had a discussion with my roommate today about the use of make-up. She, being blessed with natural beauty and not having to wear an ounce of make-up, asked me what brands of concealer she should buy and if there was a substitute for mascara. And I almost hesitated to tell her because I realized that we can all become victims of make-up. I've been a long supporter of wearing make-up because it can just improve the natural features that one possess. You can have flawless skin, you can have bigger eyes, you can have raised cheekbones, etc. etc. - all done through the magic that is make-up.

But now that I'm older and I think about it, I really wish that I hadn't started to wear make-up at such a young age. I wish that I had the confidence now to go outside and be without make-up. I've attempted it before and although no one even noticed the difference, it still made me feel almost naked. And I realized.. it's definitely a confidence issue. In the summer, I have no problem because I'm super-tanned and I feel great... whereas during all other seasons, I start to wonder if my dark circles or acne scars start to show.

I guess make-up is not just used to cover up my physical flaws, but also helps me to hide my emotional flaws as well. Over the years, it's definitely improved and I've been known to wear less make-up and tie my hair back to show my face instead of hiding it. And I know that when giving advice to friends about make-up I always tell them that just a little bit goes a long way...and that make-up should only be used to enhance your natural features...not to cover them all up.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com