<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

What are you afraid of? 

Failure, death, making the wrong choices, forgetting... love. What are you afraid of in life? Perhaps knowing what you're afraid of is the first step towards overcoming your fears. Does it make it any easier to deal with things when you think you've experienced the worst? Never. It's hard every time. Can you ever prepare yourself for the worst? Never. It'll sneak up on your when you least expect it.

I am afraid of forgetting the poeple I love. I find that my memory is getting worse and worse...and I wonder why I choose to remember certain things and people and not others. In forgetting someone, does it mean that I no longer care about them? Does it mean that they are merely distant people in my life that I no longer associate freely with? I used to remember everything...

I am afraid of failure. Failure as a daughter, a grand-daughter, a sister, a friend, a girlfriend, a student, an employee, a confidant... I am afraid to fail in all those roles. Although I know I'm bound to fail in one of those with different people, I can never be too prepared. It hurts every time.

I am afraid of love because it entails trust and loyalty and all the above! Love means being vulnerable to experience hurt and anxiety...but also, it means being open to one of the most wonderful feelings ever...i don't want to get hurt, but I don't want to miss out either...

I am afraid of the unknown..but then again, who isn't? Is it true that what you don't know can't hurt you? I want to know what lies ahead.. but I only want to know the good stuff. :)

It's a human emotion to be afraid of something. It's different for everyone...just thought I'd share a little with you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com