<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

What's Wrong with Being Single? 

There is nothing wrong with being single. Like I've said in my previous blogs...being in a relationship doesn't have to define who you are. My single friends are constantly struggling with the social mores of today's world that says being single makes you less of a human being.

It's not true! There are benefits to being single.. just like there are benefits to being a relationship. Honestly, I think that you have to feel comfortable being single before you can be confident being a couple. When you know who you are without the presence of someone else, you may find it easier to stay true to yourself.

Sometimes you're given a choice to be single or not. I admire those friends who have chosen to remain single because they are waiting for a great guy. High standards can be something that drives people away...but for those who walk away from a girl with high standards - you don't know what you are missing. Would you want a gf who is with you because she has lowered her standards!?

I like to think that my standards are really high and I wouldn't date someone who didn't meet those standards. And I believe that because my standards are high, I don't expect less from myself in a relationship. Never settle for anything less... and never give less than everything.

The right person comes along when you least expect it... nobody is impossible to love.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com