<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Let Me Introduce You to My Little Friend, Jealousy 

We're all guilty of being jealous of another person - whether it be someone you see on the street, someone on tv, someone in the same class or even one of your closest friends. Jealousy is driven by something within - something that tells you you're not good enough, or that you deserve better. In a previous entry entitled "Envy" I wrote a little bit about "wanting what other people have" and how really, you should be happy with what you have.

Here's the definition of Jealous, as found on www.dictionary.com

1. Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.
2. Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others.
3. Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension, or bitterness


I guess we start to feel jealous when we feel threatened by someone. Whether it because of their status, their beauty, their personality, their abilities, their fortune..etc.

I personally think that jealousy should not exist between friends. I don't consider myself a jealous person but I have been guilty of jealousy. And I know that others are too.

Is there a cure for jealousy? Yes, there is. But it's easier said than done. It starts from within. By changing your perspective about your own fortunes and personal traits, you can change your perspective about the people around you. When you start to think that others have what you want, then you need to start seeing why that is...and make the necessary changes to feel better about yourself instead of hating the other person for something that they don't deserve to be hated for.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com