<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Letter to my Ex... 

Please bear with me.. this is therapeutic

I originally started with a poem, but thought that the rhyme was a little bit cheesy.. then I got all angry and started to write hateful words.. so I scraped that idea too.

So how about writing in the spoken voice? Okay.

So we were together for 4 years (3 years officially and then add on the year and a half I chased you around and we played the "Friend" game.) and now we're a little bit over the "Strangers" level.

Well, I wanted to write to you to thank you for teaching me a lot of life lessons.

A. Patience - you taught me about patience. All those times I waited for you... grr... no no - sorry - this is a "Thank-you" letter. :) You taught me how to be patient through your patience with me...it taught me that I can't go and throw tantrums whenver I want something.

B. Forgiveness - you taught me a little bit about forgiveness but I probably didn't learn that entire lesson from you. Thank-you for forgiving me - I never meant to hurt you with my mean words. Well, I did mean to hurt you at the moment, but now.. maybe not so much.

C. Love - you did do me that one favour genuinely.. the best you could. You taught me how to love again.. when I met you, I wasn't in my right mind, love was something I wasn't prepared for. Thank you for that gift of realization.

I want you to know that I'm sorry things ended the way that they did. With confusion, with anger, bitterness and resentment. I am no longer filled with those feelings and I hope that one day, you'll be able to move forward too.

I am happy now, being able to love better because of the mistakes we made with each other. All the things you've done to me have made me stronger. Stronger in mind, heart and spirit and I need to thank you for those things. Because of you, I'm more aware of what I want and what I don't want.

I know it was a tough lesson, but I'm glad that I learned that with you. Thank you for doing the best you could.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com