<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 08, 2004

My So-Called Life 

The first time I heard this poem was on my favourite show of all-time, "My So-Called Life." It was when Jordan Catalano was getting together with Angela Chase and while reading this poem in class, he realized that she may not be the most beautiful girl in the school, or the most stunning, or the most smart... but he loved her and he wanted to be with her despite what everybody else thinks... and I still remember my favourite scene.. Jordan walks up to Angela from across the hallway and says, "Can we go somewhere?" and she looks up at him and says, "Sure." As they walk side by side down the hall, he grabs her hand and holds on... while Buffalo Tom sings "Late at Night" in the background: I held her hand too tight, Too hard to make it right, So I could sleep at night. If I could hold them in my hand, I'd make them understand. I'm not a haunted mind, I'm not a thoughtless kind... I'd do it if I could, I hope you know I would.

Oh... what a show it was.. BRING BACK MY SO-CALLED LIFE!!

The reason I loved the show so much was because it was so real. Here was this lanky girl who wasn't the most beautiful girl... she was insecure, had pimples and shy. She had few friends and couldn't talk to her parents. When the show aired, it was before it's time and they cancelled it because they said it was too depressing... it wasn't.. it was just REAL. We all know what it feels like to be in high school and there needs to be more shows on tv about how it really is.... not how it SHOULD be.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com