<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

We're just "friends"... 

Is it all right to keep talking to someone that you know likes you as "more than just a friend?" I've forever contemplated this idea... I mean, to me, friendship is friendship.... even if you like the person, you cannot cross that line of friendship unless the two of you agree that it's okay. I've had crushes on guy friends and I thought it was okay to talk to them as long as I respected the boundaries. Is it the same for men?

So I have this "friend" who calls me a lot and I figure, What's the big deal? I have a feeling that he's interested in me and on several occasions, he's told me that if I were single, he'd be up here in Waterloo in a heartbeat. I think it's just flirtatious banter and I don't take it seriously. BUT... is it wrong for me to keep talking to him knowing that he has an interest in me?

hmm... okay... so some may argue that I'm leading him on because I like the attention...but on the other hand, I truly believe it's harmless and if I've made it clear that he has no chance with me, am I still wrong??? It's almost like this: I've laid the cards out on the table.. and if he can't accept it, then he can stop calling me...but if he continues to call me and insists that friendship is something we both value, then can I not keep talking to him?

I guess it also depends on how it makes my bf feel. Needless to say, he's not really comfortable with me talking to someone who's fully confessed that he's interested in me. But I tell him he's got nothing to worry about because the interest isn't mutual. So why do we keep these friendships around????

Why do I do it??? Perhaps I like the attention...and perhaps he likes the idea of having someone he can't have around as a friend...but why??....why why why..

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com