<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

The Lover Vs. The Fighter 

So I went to see Troy this past weekend and there were two distinct characters that I had my eye on - the two lovely boys of Troy - Mr. Orlando Bloom and Mr. Brad Pitt. Although I've always been a fan of Brad Pitt, I have grown a liking to Orlando since his beautiful performance in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. However, in Troy, he plays the Lover...and I couldn't help but leave the theatre thinking I'm more drawn to the aggressive Spartan fighter than the ever-so-cowardly Trojan! Brad Pitt totally shines as the hero.. not to mention, he's got the finest ass I have ever seen on a man. lol.

Anyway... the movie got me thinking about the type of men that we women are drawn to. Of course, we want the sensitive man, the man who can tend to our emotional needs and give us the affection whenever we want it. However, why... besides the obvious physical reasons...did Brad Pitt seem like the bigger and better man? We want the lover... but we also want the type of guy who can stand up for us.. who can make the first move...who displays just the right amount of aggression to get us and protect us...

Do we just want it all!? Which would you prefer? Would you prefer the daunting lover...or the heroic fighter? In the movie, Orlando seemed somewhat ... feminine, naive and cowardly at times. Although he did defend Helen by professing his love for her, he cowered when he was called to physically fight for her. Brad, on the other hand...seemed to trivialize the importance of women ... displaying a macho exterior..but it is the love for his woman that is his folly in the end..

Hm...I have to sit on the fence on this one...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com