<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

Let's Slow it Down... 

When I was in High School, I had a part-time job after school and was always seen rushing off at 3:30 when the bell rang. I had always packed my back before the last period and then rushed off to catch two buses to make it to work by 4:00. One day, a friend of mine stopped me as I was running to the bus and said, "Hey! I just wanted to say hi - you're always rushing off" And I remember, the only thing that was on my mind was "Oh my goodness, I'm going to miss my bus." It was a defining moment though...I realized that I am rushing through life and not enjoying what I have...

Five years later, I find myself doing the same thing. Trying to manage school, family, friends and finances! Oh, and having a relationship in between it all too.

These past two weekends has been a bit overwhelming for me. My bf and I were talking about how we are always rushed...lack of time, second jobs and finances have gotten us stressed and left with little time for each other. And by time, I mean, good, wholesome, relationship time. We talked about how we didn't even realize how time had passed us by and we're still running through life. What are we rushing for?

Slowing things down isn't easy for two people who don't know what "free time" is...(hahah)...I keep telling myself that it's only temporary and that soon, I won't have to work this second job and spend 4000 on tuition. It feels like a big elaborate lie but I'm hoping things aren't like this forever!

So let's slow it down...I gave my notice and will stop working in September... it feels great..for once...we're doing something right...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com