Sunday, June 13, 2004
Nothing Like a Good Ol' Conversation Between Friends
They say that the friends you make in University are the friends that you are going to keep for life. I think that's only partially true about the circle of friends that you obtain throughout your life. I've recently had the pleasure of spending a few hours with two of my closest friends whom I've known for over or almost 10 years..wow...and I can honestly tell you that although we have not been able to see each other much in the past 4 years, we had no problem picking up where we left off.
There is something about the friends I made before University that is very different. I used to think that there would be a lack of understanding about each other's lives because we all went different places after High School...but to my surprise.. there was more understanding than I could have ever imagined. I felt so comfortable...haven't felt that in a long time.
We talked about serious things...miniscule things...funny things..important things...and I didn't want to leave. If I didn't have a case of the "tireds" I would not have left and would have stayed with them until morning. It was so nice to be home. Between friends, we have this history.. one that cannot be replaced. They knew what I was like when I was 12...15...18... they knew what I was like and can still see signs of stubbornness. They know... and understand...what I mean when I do and say things...and stuff like that takes a certain amount of time, patience, and experience.
I miss my girls...I miss our talks walking home...I miss sitting in Coffee Time and chit-chatting about anything and nothing... I miss little perverted conversations about things we don't really know about...I miss laughing, singing, crying, relating...
Sometime I wish I could be back in High School just to feel that again...to feel that comfortable among friends.
There is something about the friends I made before University that is very different. I used to think that there would be a lack of understanding about each other's lives because we all went different places after High School...but to my surprise.. there was more understanding than I could have ever imagined. I felt so comfortable...haven't felt that in a long time.
We talked about serious things...miniscule things...funny things..important things...and I didn't want to leave. If I didn't have a case of the "tireds" I would not have left and would have stayed with them until morning. It was so nice to be home. Between friends, we have this history.. one that cannot be replaced. They knew what I was like when I was 12...15...18... they knew what I was like and can still see signs of stubbornness. They know... and understand...what I mean when I do and say things...and stuff like that takes a certain amount of time, patience, and experience.
I miss my girls...I miss our talks walking home...I miss sitting in Coffee Time and chit-chatting about anything and nothing... I miss little perverted conversations about things we don't really know about...I miss laughing, singing, crying, relating...
Sometime I wish I could be back in High School just to feel that again...to feel that comfortable among friends.