<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Attraction 

Can you date someone that you're not particularly physically attracted to? I know that there are other factors that draw people to each other... intelligence, money, stability, etc. but what if physical attraction is not there? Can we do it?

I was talking to a girl the other day and she said that her bf is really intelligent but he is not particularly good looking. However, she thinks that they are a perfect match because they are both smart. Hm..... At first I figured that she probably thinks that he is attractive in his own way and that his intelligence somehow makes him physically appealing to her. But then it got me thinking...if she didn't know that he was smart, she would have never given him the time of day!

I think physical attraction is really important...I mean, you're going to have to look at this person all the time... be intimate with them and walk beside them - so if you personally don't think this person suits you, then in that sense, are you using them?

Of course, physical attraction isn't the only important factor in a relationship.. there needs to be some sort of connection.. but when it comes right down to it...call me shallow, but...physical attraction is the initial step in any relationship. No?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com