Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Lost Necklace
When I was younger, I lost a necklace that my mother gave me. It was a gold necklace with a rose charm. I lost it when I was jumping up and down on the mattresses at The Brick. I remember realizing that I had lost it... and going to my mother to tell her the bad news. She forgave me... after much lecturing, but I always felt bad about it.
This morning, I realized that I had lost another necklace that she gave me. When she went to Vancouver, she came back with a sterling silver necklace. It wasn't an expensive necklace and I couldn't say it was the prettiest thing... but it came from her and told me that she thought of me while she was away. Even though it wasn't a gold necklace like the first one, the feeling of guilt is just the same.
It's a gift from my mother - that is the common denominator in my dilemma. I feel terrible...
This morning, I realized that I had lost another necklace that she gave me. When she went to Vancouver, she came back with a sterling silver necklace. It wasn't an expensive necklace and I couldn't say it was the prettiest thing... but it came from her and told me that she thought of me while she was away. Even though it wasn't a gold necklace like the first one, the feeling of guilt is just the same.
It's a gift from my mother - that is the common denominator in my dilemma. I feel terrible...