Friday, September 03, 2004
Feeling Good...
It's nice to have someone believe in you.... to have somebody who believes that you can achieve anything you want. I met with lunch with my Professor today and wanted to talk to him about doing my masters. I've known him since my second year and he's told me that I have a knack for writing and that I should go on to do my PhD and become a professor.
It's nice to hear sometimes... because most of the time, you have to encourage yourself with those thoughts.. you have to be ambitious on your own and know that you are capable of doing anything you want. To hear it from someone else who recognizes your efforts and talents is a bonus in any situation.
I left our meeting today feeling totally encouraged and ready to go through the application process. Whether or not I get accepted is a different story...but in the meantime, knowing that I have the support of my academic professors makes it easier to accept the results - whatever they may be.
I think that it is the support that I receive from my family, friends and teachers that have really driven me throughout my school years. I strongly believe that those who work really hard eventually see the pay-offs. There are many people who don't work hard and feel as if they put in 300%. There is a time for play and there is a time to shine. The secret to success is knowing when to do either or both.