<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Peachy-Keen 

Ever get the feeling that there are people out there who just pretend like everything is just peachy? I understand that there are some people out there who don't like to expose their dirty laundry to the world...but then there are some that just pretend like everything is going just perfect.

For example, when you talk to friends, you want to know what is going on with them and you expect them to be honest, no? I was talking to a friend the other night and she told me that her relationship is going really well...that everything is finally on track and she is sure this is the person that she wants to marry but she didn't want to talk about it too much (she thought she might jinx it). I was happy about her enthusiasm and was glad that she and her bf had overcome their issues with trust. Of course, I was a bit skeptical because even when things were bad between them, she told me the same thing - that they were extremely happy.
So by chance, her bf's best friend asked me to come out to a party and told me that her bf would there. That's unusual behaviour for him because ever since they started to date, she's kind of "prohibited" him from seeing certain people (if you know what I mean). So I found out later in conversation that he was hiding this information about the party from her. It didn't make me feel good... I felt bad for her because she had to put on a facade with me when I know that their issues with trust are still there.


I know there are some others like that in my life as well. It's okay to be honest about your life, your relationship. If you're unsure, you are only human. If you are unhappy, it's okay because you are only human. We are not robots. We need to be friends. I'm not going to judge anybody..I can't. I have problems with my life and relationships just the same as everybody else...Perhaps it could all be better if we weren't so shy about sharing with each other. I know for a fact that talking about things brings about solutions... and a level of relating.

Not that I always want to hear the problems...but if you should need to talk to me, don't feel the need to lie. If I ask you how you are doing, I really want to know...but in the end, I will only hear what you want to tell me.. and I will listen.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com