Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Vacationing
I'm going to be going to Cuba in 10 days... whoa... in less than two weeks. It's great because I'm going with my bf and it'll be our first trip together outside of the country. So why am I so nervous?
There are a few reasons why I'm a little nervous about doing this. First off, financially, although we are all right... I've never spent so much money in one place before (well, with the exception of school). Even though I haven't paid for any of it myself yet, I can't imagine what it must be like to receive that bill at the end of the month (sorry hunny!). It's just a lot of money for the both of us together... separately, the amounts don't seem so bad.
The second reason is that I'm worried about the weather. Hurricane Ivan seems to be making himself at home in the South and I'm not sure if that's going to affect us in Varadero at all. Last I heard, it didn't affect it too much and the Weather Network says there is plenty of sun around the corner. So everything seems to be working out - but leave it up to us to vacation during hurricane season!
The third reason is the amount of time that we will be spending with each other. I mean, we've spent a lot of time together....but at the same time, I'm wondering if we're going to be able to survive 7 days and 7 nights together! hahaha. I strongly believe that you really don't know how a person really lives until you vacation with them. Because they start to get more comfortable and you'll get to see a different side. I'm anxious to spend all this time with Seb...just nervous at the same time!
The fourth reason is my mother and the endless silent lectures she is giving me. One look from her and I know if she approves or disapproves. And I couldn't read her expression when I told her I was going to Cuba with my bf. It's not like I haven't vacationed with friends before.... just never alone...just the two of us. I think her concern is more about the weather and if I'm going to be able to afford it than anything. She's already given me the speeches about "saving myself" and such (hahah).
Seems like I'm worrying about this vacation so much that I might not enjoy myself! I think I'm partially just anxious about getting there. The countdown is getting closer and closer...and I know this will be quite the experience for me.
(omg! can you say worry-wart!?)
There are a few reasons why I'm a little nervous about doing this. First off, financially, although we are all right... I've never spent so much money in one place before (well, with the exception of school). Even though I haven't paid for any of it myself yet, I can't imagine what it must be like to receive that bill at the end of the month (sorry hunny!). It's just a lot of money for the both of us together... separately, the amounts don't seem so bad.
The second reason is that I'm worried about the weather. Hurricane Ivan seems to be making himself at home in the South and I'm not sure if that's going to affect us in Varadero at all. Last I heard, it didn't affect it too much and the Weather Network says there is plenty of sun around the corner. So everything seems to be working out - but leave it up to us to vacation during hurricane season!
The third reason is the amount of time that we will be spending with each other. I mean, we've spent a lot of time together....but at the same time, I'm wondering if we're going to be able to survive 7 days and 7 nights together! hahaha. I strongly believe that you really don't know how a person really lives until you vacation with them. Because they start to get more comfortable and you'll get to see a different side. I'm anxious to spend all this time with Seb...just nervous at the same time!
The fourth reason is my mother and the endless silent lectures she is giving me. One look from her and I know if she approves or disapproves. And I couldn't read her expression when I told her I was going to Cuba with my bf. It's not like I haven't vacationed with friends before.... just never alone...just the two of us. I think her concern is more about the weather and if I'm going to be able to afford it than anything. She's already given me the speeches about "saving myself" and such (hahah).
Seems like I'm worrying about this vacation so much that I might not enjoy myself! I think I'm partially just anxious about getting there. The countdown is getting closer and closer...and I know this will be quite the experience for me.
(omg! can you say worry-wart!?)