<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Martyr Syndrome 

A friend from work told me the other week that I might be suffering from Martyr Syndrome - I feel the need to help everybody. She said that sometimes helping others makes you feel better about yourself and some people get addicted to it. Perhaps that is the case.

But here's my argument: I always feel the need to help people - even if it means going out of my way... and I think it wasn't always like that - just something I've picked up over the last few years. When I was younger, we didn't have much. My mother would always tell us that we had to help others...because one day, we may need the help of others. So I kind of took that mentality on... that if I help others, one day, when I need help, there will be someone who will be willing to help me. And it's true... I've been a good person, helping others when I can...and I've found that whenever I needed someone....there was always someone with a good heart, waiting to help me.

Of course, there are the few people who get used to the fact that I would do anything for them...but often, I can't get upset because I know I have to learn to say no.
It's like Karma...what goes around, comes around.

If you can help someone, make life a little easier for them,...why wouldn't you?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com