<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Shall We Dance? 

Last night, I went to see a movie with my roommate Laurie. We decided it was time for a chick flick so wee dragged our sick butts out of bed and went to see Richard Gere's new flick "Shall We Dance." Needless to say, we left the theatre plotting to get our bfs to join us in dance lessons. It's amazing how sensual dancing can be! There was quite a hot dance between Richard Gere and J-Lo that just had our mouths open and our hearts racing.. and it wasn't even a sex scene - just sensual dancing!!! man-oh-man...they can certainly move together.

Anywho... my favourite part of the movie was when the wife (I forget her name already, but played beautifully by Susan Saradon) describes what marriage means to her. She said that marriage is meant for witnessing your partner's life. Amidst all the chaos in the world, people sometimes go unnoticed... when you get married, you are vowing to witness this person's life...so that his/her life will never go unnoticed. And in a simple phrase, she summed up what marriage really means. In the depths of marriage, it isn't just about constant love or passion or romance... it is about how two people can affect each other's lives. I can describe it... but I can't beat how beautifully stated it was in the movie.

Also, the movie touches on a few things about life in general...about finding something outside of your daily life that makes you happy. Sometimes we get caught up in a life of work, family, friends, and school....we forget to have fun - we forget what we truly love to do. It's about figuring out what is important again, and appreciating the opportunities that we get in our lifetime.

I'd give this movie 4 stars!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com