Tuesday, November 30, 2004
For Laurie
My friend Laurie once told me about a game she played a game with her bf, his sisters and nephew. She said it was the best game ever - basically they went around the table and told each other what they like most about each other. It seems like such a simple concept...but definitely a good game.
She was telling me about this game and she said it made her feel good to hear what others think of her and to hear the positive things. I thought it was a wonderful thing! Perhaps we don't tell each other often enough what we think of each other. If you think someone is a good friend, why not tell them?
Laur, I think you are a GREAT friend. We've been through tough times and you have always been honest with me. You have an understanding that surpasses all...and I am so grateful for your friendship. When we part in April, there will definitely be things that I miss about you...from the way you leave my things on the stairs...your bluntness about everything!..the way you know how to make yourself comfortable in my room (haha!)...the way we encourage each other to get things done...the way my family likes you so much...the way you are even when our bfs are around...how accepting you are about faith and culture..your ability to comfort me..the way you get so excited about tv (Smallville!)...the way we check in when we are coming and going...your anger, sadness, generosity, happiness, excitment, devotion, open-mindedness, understanding, determination and ambition... I will miss it all. We have the kind of friendship that gets past bad times and relishes in good times...I can't say that for all friendships. Know that you'll always have a friend in me - no matter what. Love ya!
She was telling me about this game and she said it made her feel good to hear what others think of her and to hear the positive things. I thought it was a wonderful thing! Perhaps we don't tell each other often enough what we think of each other. If you think someone is a good friend, why not tell them?
Laur, I think you are a GREAT friend. We've been through tough times and you have always been honest with me. You have an understanding that surpasses all...and I am so grateful for your friendship. When we part in April, there will definitely be things that I miss about you...from the way you leave my things on the stairs...your bluntness about everything!..the way you know how to make yourself comfortable in my room (haha!)...the way we encourage each other to get things done...the way my family likes you so much...the way you are even when our bfs are around...how accepting you are about faith and culture..your ability to comfort me..the way you get so excited about tv (Smallville!)...the way we check in when we are coming and going...your anger, sadness, generosity, happiness, excitment, devotion, open-mindedness, understanding, determination and ambition... I will miss it all. We have the kind of friendship that gets past bad times and relishes in good times...I can't say that for all friendships. Know that you'll always have a friend in me - no matter what. Love ya!