Monday, November 01, 2004
Getting Older..
There's something about birthdays that is mildly exciting and depressing at the same time. Something about getting a year older - more responsibility, more experience, less time, less youth. But perhaps it's true what they say that age is just a number and that you can always stay young at heart.
I used to say that everything happens in your 20's (this was, of course, before I turned 20). I thought: you finish school, get engaged, get married and have your first child within the next 10 years... your 20's must be pretty exciting. And now that I'm ALMOST 23, I realize that times have changed. Turning 30 is a milestone but not the end of the world... things could just be getting started...and perhaps your 20's is another transition phase - almost like adolescence.
We're still confused, still figuring things out, still feeling insecure.. still trying to adapt to life...
So I feel young.. I feel like I've got a long way to go. Maybe I'll start to worry when I'm 28 and I still haven't figured out what I want yet... but I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm happy being in my shoes.