<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Going to Bed Angry... 

I looked over at him last night, his back turned to me...I reached over and touched his back. I didn't expect him to be awake too...and I realized we both couldn't sleep. Anger was sleeping between us.

"I'm sorry we fought"...was all it took to hold each other again. Sometimes, that's all it takes to mend the broken link...to hold hands under the covers again.

I am learning everyday what it is like to include someone else in my life. I am learning that anger can only drive two people apart - further and further until one day, you no longer recognize each other. Love isn't enough, but it's a big portion of what you need to work in a relationship.

My definition of a successful relationship is one that includes love, trust, understanding and a lot of faith. Nowadays, we think being financially stable will help a marriage...but I have seen families with the utmost wealth fail at happiness and lack love.

I need to feel all of that and more...our hands found each other last night...I hope they always find each other under the covers.

I love you and I hope you always look me in the eyes with love and I hope we always forgive each other for those moments of anger...you are the only one who sees me for all that I am...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com