<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Rules of Gift-Giving 

So I asked a friend: How do you know when to get someone a christmas gift or not? What if you don't even like them?

He said that there are 2 rules (these don't apply to family members):

1. Ask yourself if you like the person enough. If it is YES, then buy them a gift.

2. If you don't like them enough, ask yourself if they like YOU enough to buy you a gift. If the answer is YES, then buy them a gift but not an elaborate one.

So that's it? Just 2 simple rules to go by. If you haven't talked to someone in over a year, then send them a card or just a Christmas greeting by phone is nice...

There are so many "rules" about what we should do... I used to be against giving gift certificates but now I love them! They are the best gifts to receive and give because it's a win-win situation. You give someone something they can choose. It's finding the right store that is tricky.

Anywho.. I always try to get everyone gifts.... and I totally do not expect the people I give gifts to to buy me something back. When you give gifts, make sure you WANT to give them... if you don't... then don't do it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com