<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Closer 

I went to see the movie Closer yesterday with my bf and I must say....it was definitely a thought-provoking movie.

Although the movie focused a lot on sex and infidelity (somehow the two go hand in hand), it had a deeper meaning...amongst all the sex, what the characters really wanted was intimacy...and Where is the Intimacy?

The word LOVE is thrown around a lot in this movie, because everyone "falls in love" with everyone else. But the true test: Does honesty really work for the best? The relationships that work are based on who is willing to compromise more of what they believe in or who is willing to lie to themselves for the sake of companionship. The movie says that without honesty, we are savages...

The best way to leave somebody is to say: "I don't love you anymore. Goodbye." BUT....you can never leave somebody that you still love.

I left the theatre with a wierd feeling and the thought of the movie stayed on my mind all night. How much do you really know about the person lying next to you? People fall in and out of love EVERYDAY...within seconds.. withing minutes...No matter how close you think you are to somebody...you can always be closer.

One of the taglines for the movie is: "If you believe in love at first sight...you will never stop looking." Perhaps we are all addicted to the idea of falling in love with someone.. feeling the spark...the desparation..the uplifting feeling.. the let down...we're all addicted.

I'd recommend this movie - just to see what it's all about...it'll make you think about the concept of love...and what you're willing to give up for it.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com