Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Life's Surprises
Life is definitely interesting - just when you think things are going well... BAM.. you're hit with a surprise. Yesterday, I spoke to God...asked him for a bit of guidance.. asked him to take of the people I love. It's actually wierd.. because I don't consider myself a religious person at all...but it felt nice... to pray.
It is a comforting feeling to think that there is a bigger force than you...that in the end, all these events are a part of the bigger picture. These complex hills in the path of life... these thorns in your side...they are all there as a part of your journey towards what you're really meant to be.
At my best friend's father's funeral two years ago, the priest looked around the church and said, "Perhaps this was his destiny...perhaps this was the purpose of his life and the purpose of all of ours...to affect others. All the people in this church have been affected by one life now gone.." It was such a profound statement...as if our whole purpose in life is to actually live and be a part of other peoples' lives.
The other week, I was having a bad morning...and I had stopped by the Tim Horton's drive-thru for a coffee..and the guy in front of me had paid for my coffee. Sounds like something from the Star's Random Acts of Kindness, huh? But it felt really nice...so I bought the guy behind me his coffee... and hopefully he felt the need to do something nice for someone else throughout his day...
I'm rambling.. I don't know what I'm really getting at...but life is full of surprises.. and I'm ready...bring it on.