Thursday, December 30, 2004
To a Bigger World...
Life...that which is ours.. can be ripped from our grasp within seconds. I watched the news yesterday night and saw people ... young and old.. being swept away by the horrible forces of nature. I read the stories of those who had to choose who to save first... which child.. which parent.. which loved one. I saw the bodies of hundreds of people gathered, waiting for identification. I heard stories of those who survived, feeling guilty for living and not being able to take others with them...
Life..that which is ours...can disappear in a moment's time. Those of us who are fortunate sit and worry about our own lives... about who we love more or less...about what clothes to wear today and tomorrow... there is a bigger world out there...there are people dying without mercy.
What if you lost someone you loved tomorrow...would that fight be worth it? Would the words "I love you" make a difference in their life .. in yours?
Sometimes I feel so shallow...like I worry about things that can't make the world a better place... sometimes I feel like I should be doing more things for this world...we could all do so much more than what we've done.
Life..that which is ours...can disappear in a moment's time. Those of us who are fortunate sit and worry about our own lives... about who we love more or less...about what clothes to wear today and tomorrow... there is a bigger world out there...there are people dying without mercy.
What if you lost someone you loved tomorrow...would that fight be worth it? Would the words "I love you" make a difference in their life .. in yours?
Sometimes I feel so shallow...like I worry about things that can't make the world a better place... sometimes I feel like I should be doing more things for this world...we could all do so much more than what we've done.