Sunday, January 30, 2005
Closure
My xbf wrote me an e-mail today and told me that he owed it to me to tell me something - he now has a new girlfriend. Over two and a half years after we break up, he's finally found someone he can relate to (Of course, she has to be Chinese!). I'm very happy for him and I have to admit, there is a part of me that is kind of sad. It's not the type of sad where I wish he hadn't told me... it's the kind of sad that makes me realize we've finally... after so long...found closure on BOTH ends.
Breaking up with someone is never easy...despite all the problems that you might have had. I always wondered how long it would take him to find someone new and it did a lot of damage to my emotional being when he and I talked and I knew that he was still lonely. For the longest time, I felt guilty for being happy in my new relationship...guilty for moving on sooner than him.
But now...I can really close that chapter of guilt and be happy for him. And perhaps, one day, he can be happy for me. But this is definitely a start.