Sunday, January 23, 2005
Shopping for an Engagement Ring...
Yesterday afternoon, amidst the stormy weather, SS and I decided to head to the mall and catch a movie. We had two hours to spare before the matinee so we decided to head over to the mall and walk around. We stopped in front of a jewelry store and I joked about wanting all the diamonds...then, he suggested that we go in. We went straight for the diamond engagement rings and he stopped, and I pointed out some of the most beautiful ones. It happened quite naturally with no awkwardness. Then, the lady behind the counter asked if we needed any help and SS says, "I'm just taking notes." Of course, seeing a potential customer, she asks if I want to try one on...and how could I possibly refuse!?!
After trying on about 10 different rings, we finally agreed on the one that was most beautiful. The surprising thing was...I thought I knew which one I had wanted...but I had no idea what it would look like on me. All the rings had looked way too big on my finger...I had no idea that the cut, the band width and the style all together would make such a difference on MY hand...and I immediately felt bad for SS...how could he ever know on his own, what would look good on me!?
So we finally agreed that the trinity diamonds, princess cut with a tapered band ring was the most beautiful. Of course the saleslady, being in her profession and all, decides that it would be wise for SS to know my ring size before we left the store. It was a nice experience for both of us...I think we left knowing a little bit more about each other. The way he was so attentive, asking questions, taking mental notes made me laugh and made me giddy all at the same time...I can't explain the feeling. It just felt nice being there with him.
This past week has been a bit overwhelming for me. It's been filled with events that make me feel like time is moving by really fast. Laurie, Sarah Jane, Estelle and I all took our graduation pictures on Friday and we were all there together...and it felt so good to be in that black gown. What an accomplishment we have achieved.. and being together as friends was the best part.. to share that with friends who have been there along the way.
Sarah Jane is getting married and we have the most wonderful conversations - I am learning alot from her. hahah :) I can't imagine that within the next few years or so...we'll all be meeting up again on different occasions to celebrate an engagement, a wedding, a birth, the purchase of a home...I'm looking forward to it.
After trying on about 10 different rings, we finally agreed on the one that was most beautiful. The surprising thing was...I thought I knew which one I had wanted...but I had no idea what it would look like on me. All the rings had looked way too big on my finger...I had no idea that the cut, the band width and the style all together would make such a difference on MY hand...and I immediately felt bad for SS...how could he ever know on his own, what would look good on me!?
So we finally agreed that the trinity diamonds, princess cut with a tapered band ring was the most beautiful. Of course the saleslady, being in her profession and all, decides that it would be wise for SS to know my ring size before we left the store. It was a nice experience for both of us...I think we left knowing a little bit more about each other. The way he was so attentive, asking questions, taking mental notes made me laugh and made me giddy all at the same time...I can't explain the feeling. It just felt nice being there with him.
This past week has been a bit overwhelming for me. It's been filled with events that make me feel like time is moving by really fast. Laurie, Sarah Jane, Estelle and I all took our graduation pictures on Friday and we were all there together...and it felt so good to be in that black gown. What an accomplishment we have achieved.. and being together as friends was the best part.. to share that with friends who have been there along the way.
Sarah Jane is getting married and we have the most wonderful conversations - I am learning alot from her. hahah :) I can't imagine that within the next few years or so...we'll all be meeting up again on different occasions to celebrate an engagement, a wedding, a birth, the purchase of a home...I'm looking forward to it.